Print from www.stmartinchalets.at from 25.05.2013
© 2013 www.stmartinchalets.at
St Martin Chalets Blog Entry
Things to do in summer in southern Austria
If you're planning a summer holiday in Austria and you're wondering what things there are to do, this post might be just what you're looking for. We've just been asked for some advice on what to do in Lungau when there's no snow on the ground. As our regular guests will tell you, there's plenty. Here's a taste of the things we recommended, in case it helps you plan your trip too!...
• E-Bike trip down the Muhr Valley (our electric bikes make the trip possible for people of all abilities!)
• Drive to Udine in northern Italy for some shopping and sightseeing
• Drive to Hallstatt for lunch by the lake (it's gorgeous there and not too far if you drive through Obertauern:
• It may not be your cup of tea but you may like the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg
• Go to the Red Bull aircraft museum next to Salzburg Airport (won't take long but might be a good way to start/end the trip if you're not rushing)
• Visit Witches' Castle (Castle Moosham at Unternberg). It's only a few minutes away from our chalets but it has a really interesting story (they were still burning witches there less than 100 years ago!). There are guided tours there daily at 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2, 3 and 4pm and it's open for the summer season from 1st April to 30th September
• If you're feeling flush there's a wonderful Michelin Star restaurant in Mauterndorf
• Indulge in one of the many summer activities provided by 'Firn Sepp'. They can organise all sorts including rafting, canyoning or going for a flight in a glider. Their website is in German but you can see what they offer from the pictures. You can book any activities you fancy through us, at no extra charge, and Sepp himself speaks good English.